A Review of OurChurch
According to Mark Steinbrueck of OurChurch.com, "Ours is a Christian website services company that exists to partner with Christian organizations to help them achieve their mission online. Benefits to partnering with our company are:
- Christians serving Christians: Our goal is to see your organization succeed and we view your goals as our goals.
- Excellence: We believe excellence honors God and attracts people; therefore we strive to do all things with excellence.
- Superior Support: We believe every person is valuable; therefore we treat our members with extraordinary respect, patience, and understanding to provide assistance that goes beyond expectations.
- Complete Web Solutions: OurChurch.com specializes - providing all services needed to reach your online goals: Custom Website Design, Web development (programming and coding), Hosting, Search engine optimization and Search Marketing, Online Advertising in our network of 13,000+ Christian websites."
Christian-Resources.net Review of OurChurch.com
This church web site hosting company has been in the church hosting business since 1996. They host some 9,600 sites.
What else do you need to know?
- OurChurch offers a special service that is far better than any other church web host. They will work to get your site pages listed on the first page of search results at the search engines. That means, for instance, that when someone does a search at Google, your site will come up in the top ten listings. This is a wonderful benefit that most other church hosts don’t offer. However, you will pay for it in one of two ways. First, if you choose one of their standard hosting packages, you will pay $500 to setup the search engine plan and then pay $130 a month to keep it going. Second, as an alternative to those fees, you could subscribe to their custom premier plan and get the whole package for $299 a month. OurChurch guarantees, with this service, that your church will have at least 100 top ten listings in the search engines. Why would you want to spend all that money? Most churches probably won't benefit much from these extra costs. But some will create web sites that are designed to reach out into the surrounding community. In that case, you will want people to find your site when they do searches on many different keywords.
- Customer support is provided by an all-Christian staff. Because of that, you can be confident that those helping you really understand the needs of the local congregation.
- This company created the NE1 site creator tool. It is easy to use and requires no knowledge of html, the programming language of the web. It is as easy to use as a word processing program such as Microsoft Word.
- They offer all of the standard features: audio and video, calendar, password protected sections, the ability to create special forms for collecting information, online donations, a shopping cart to sell tickets to events, photo galleries, and plenty of email accounts.
- OurChurch is one of only a handful of companies which offer free church websites. They have a lot of limitations. But if you just need a small site that isn't used very heavily, you might be able to get by with the free church website option.
- To get what you need, you will probably need either the silver or gold options. They are priced very reasonably at $20 and $30 per month respectively.
- One interesting option is that you can stream your church services live.
- Their support is provided through online tutorial videos and telephone.
- What's wrong with this service? The biggest negative is the cost. If you want to be listed in the search engines, you will have to pay a lot of money. In contrast to OurChurch, at least one other church web site hosting company submits your pages to the search engines for an all-inclusive $10 a month .
You can review their offerings on their web site: OurChurch.com. Or, you can go back and look at some of our other reviews.