Church Office Software
Church office software is labeled with different names. There is church administration software, church management software, and even church attendance software.
I like the term church office software because it shows the general nature of the programs in question.
Not all programs contain the same options. But most offer contact management, group management, attendance, visitors, and provide some sort of church directory. These church directory software options generally come with the ability to include photographs.
There are also some additional options that are offered by a few companies. Some allow you to take donations online. Others will enable you to let people register for special events and even pay the fee right online. Some are formatted so that people can access the software with a mobile device. Still others provide a way to securely check kids in and out of Sunday school classes.
As you can see, there is a great deal of variety when it comes to church office software. You will need to do some research to find the right package for your congregation.
That's why I created this page. I tried to do some of the research for you.
To get the information I needed to evaluate the software programs, I scoured each company's web site. And where possible, I tested out their software via a free trial. Here are a few general thoughts about what I found. You can find my reviews by clicking the links toward the bottom of the page.
- I'm surprised at how few programs provide a calendar feature. This is especially true of the church directory programs. If you have a place where people can be sorted by groups, then those group activities should be posted on a calendar.
- All accounting packages are not the same. A number of church office software programs offer a basic accounting package. These basic packages are generally devoted to tracking donations of individuals. That information can then be sorted by name so that church leaders can see how much people are giving. I don't think that anyone other than the accountant or treasurer should see this information. And this is not really helpful at all. That's because you still have to have a separate fund accounting program. Churches need fund accounting software. Visit my page on church financial software for a list of fund accounting packages.
- There are a few all-in-one church office software packages. Read more here.
- There are a LOT of church management software programs on the market. However, there are some that consistently rank among the best. I tried to include the main contenders below.
- There are one or two programs that offer one-button background checks. I would definitely use this feature. However, I don't think I would stop there. A church should still do more thorough background checks on every person who will work with children.
- Many of the programs offer a church directory feature. I think this is essential. Some even go so far as to integrate the church directory with an online maps program. When you look at a family's profile, you will be given a map with the location of their home.
- I would favor the church office software programs that allow you to take donations online. I would also lean toward programs that let you take registrations for church events.
- I think you definitely want a church management software program that allows you to send emails. In some packages, you can create automated emails so that, for instance, when someone signs up for an event she automatically receives an email confirmation. You should also be able to create emails to send to one person, a group of people, or the entire congregation. And if you need to send out letters, you should be able to print labels directly from the program.
See this page for reviews of Church Pro, Church Windows, Cahaba Creek, and Quickbooks. And there are some free church software programs you will want to consider. You will also want to read about ACS Technologies.
Click any of the links below the form to read reviews of church office software programs.
Tell Us About Your Church Office Software
Do you know about a great church office software product? Tell us about it here.
Software Programs Submitted by Others
Click any of the links below to read about church office software packages submitted by others.
PhoneTree Not rated yet
In today’s fast-paced world, we are challenged to do more with less. PhoneTree is the answer to dealing with scaled back resources. PhoneTree can help …
Fellowship One Not rated yet
"Fellowship One is a web-based church management software system that allows a church of any size, from new church plants to multi-site mega churches, …
Faithful Steward Not rated yet
"Let us briefly explain several of the key points that make Faithful Steward unique.
It's easy to use. Our users agree that Faithful Steward is so …
SeekerWorks Not rated yet
The mission of SeekerWorks is "to provide excellent software, web and other information technology services that free up churches to reach spiritually …
Excellerate Not rated yet
"Powerful, cutting-edge features were designed into the entire Excellerate program. Everything from member tracking, visitor follow-up, leader development, …
SmartDox Not rated yet
"Here at SmartDox, we feel that every believer should be empowered to do the work of the ministry. The iChurch church management suite empowers its' users …
Church Helpmate Not rated yet
"Church Helpmate is the church management software database system that's simply powerful AND powerfully simple! Save time and money, build unity, make …
Fresh Vine Not rated yet
Fresh Vine offers a basic software package that includes a directory, groups management, podcasts, and an easy-to-use check-in system. The "Roster" is …
Amp Fusion Not rated yet
One of my favorite church management programs is produced by Elexio.
"Elexio has become known for its integrated church management solutions. Solutions …
Roll Call Not rated yet
Roll Call from By the Book is an offline program that combines several options: church directory, contact manager, donations, visitation, check in, attendance, …
Click here to write your own.